Introduction to Food Corporation of India:
FCI india was established under the Food Corporation Act, 1964 to accomplish the all basic objectives of the food policy. Food corporation of india is playing a significant role in providing the services to the entire nation .Food corporation of india has some certain objectives:
- To provide compensation to the farmers
- To make the food grains available for the thin-skinned people at reasonable prices.
- To maintain overstock as the food security
- To barge in market for price stability
- Maintaining the National Food Security, overstock of food grains should be maintained.
- Circulating of food grains globally for public distribution system.
The acquirement of food grains should be making available to the weaker sections of the society in affordable prices. Acquisition of food grains such as wheat, paddy and coarse grains comes under the various schemes. To facilitate of obtainment of food grains, State government has established a large number of centers.
To ensure that the farmers are not compelled to sell their grains below the support price. FCI India is the largest food supply chain in Asia. The food grains are circulated all over the country at the rates declared by the Government of India.
Food Corporation of India Functions:
It is the duty of FCI India to create various warehouses for the storage of the food grains. Food corporation of india is providing food grains in a wider range covering all the sections of the society at an affordable price. FCI India is running the following functions:-
- It entirely focuses on supporting the farmers in providing the food grains to large number of public in a more well and efficient way for today and tomorrow.
- Food is the basic need which constitutes the requirement of the human being.
- It comes under the Food corporation of india Functions to preserve and store the large quantity of food grains and spreading it over the large and vast areas.
- To arrange the transport facilities to produce agricultural seeds, manures and fertilizers from warehouses.
- It is the function of FCI India to distribute and supply food grains through rations shops which comes under Food corporation of india act.
- Food corporation of india Functions for the betterment of the society considering large masses.
- Food corporation of india Functions the sale of food grains and its movement mainly depends on the rail being a deficit country.
- It again comes under the Food corporation of india functions to enhance the crop production.
FCI india constitutes the basic requirement of several numbers of mouths which depends on public distribution system. Food corporation of india plays a leading role in making food grains available during a month to the respective state governments.